Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Roasted Broccoli

Really, I am a veggie lover.  I have a great fondness for carrots, squash, zucchini and all sorts of beautiful green veggies, BUT there are two veggies that I've never been a fan of.  One is broccoli and the other is corn.  Please don't judge me!  In an effort to eat healthier, I am trying to conquer my fear of broccoli.  I've tried it steamed many times and just can't handle it yet.  So, tonight I got brave and roasted it with a little olive oil and roasted garlic.  Ok, why oh why didn't anyone tell me that when you roast broccoli it is amazingly delicious!  I think I might like it now. Actually, I think I might love it now. Now, if I can just learn to conquer the corn!  Baby steps, people.  Baby steps.


Here's what you'll need:
2 cups raw broccoli, cut into smallish pieces
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons roasted garlic
salt and pepper

Makes 2 servings

Here's what to do:
Mix the olive oil and garlic in a mixing bowl.


Toss the broccoli with the olive oil and garlic.


Spread broccoli on a sheet pan.  I lined mine with parchment paper for easy clean up!  Add a little salt and pepper.


Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.


It comes out roasty, toasty delicious!  Do you have a broccoli or corn recipe to help me (and others like me) love them?  Send it my way!


No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!