Thursday, March 26, 2015

Mozzarella Chicken

This Mozzarella Chicken is light and fresh.  The best part- it's easy and quick!  I made it tonight for dinner and after one bite I was instantly transported back to Italy!  It's got all the yummy Italian flavors of mozzarella cheese, ripe Roma tomatoes, and chicken with Italian seasonings.  I served it with broiled eggplant and a spinach salad tossed with balsamic vinaigrette.


Here's what you'll need:
grilled or baked chicken breasts
mozzarella cheese (I used one snack package for each chicken breast- see pic below)
1 roma tomato per chicken breast, diced

Here's what I did:
I drizzled my chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkled Italian seasoning on both sides of the chicken breasts.  Then, I baked the chicken covered in foil in a 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes.  Bake until the juices run clear.  Chicken should have a minimum cooking temperature of 165 degrees, so invest in a cooking thermometer if need it to check the temperature. I usually bake quite a few chicken breasts in advance, then put them in food saver bags and freeze them for future use.  That's what I used tonight- a package that was pre-made from the freezer.  The food saver bag keeps the chicken fresh and moist. It makes the dinner come together in a snap.

Put the chicken breast on a microwave safe plate and top it with the mozzarella balls.  You could also use shredded mozzarella cheese.  Heat until cheese is melty- yes, I am declaring that "melty" is a word.

Top with diced tomatoes.

It's that easy and makes a boring chicken breast a little more interesting.

                               
Here's what one of the snack packages looks like.  They are only 70 calories and you get three mozzarella balls.


Here's a pic of me in the Tuscan countryside.  Italy is a beautiful country!
On vacation in Italy with a sampling of bruschetta. 
The fresh flavors of this dish reminded me of the wonderful food I sampled in Italy.  Delizioso!  Now, I just wish I could be transported back there for another great vacation! Some day....

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!