Monday, December 29, 2014

Creamy Jalapeno Dip

Here is fair warning.  This Creamy Jalapeno Dip is addictive.  I first tried this dip at Chuy's, a Mexican restaurant chain.  It is so delicious and I really think I could eat a vat of it with tortilla chips.  Some of my friends love this dip so much that they go and buy containers of it from the restaurant. Every time I ate it, I always tried to figure out what was in it.  I could detect some specific flavors, but wondered what made it taste so good.  I decided to search online for a copycat recipe so I could make it at home for my family and friends. Here's a great recipe from "Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke" and it tastes just like the restaurant version.  The only thing I changed was by adding more jalapenos and cilantro.




Here's what you'll need:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
16 ounces sour cream
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup salsa verde or tomatilla salsa
1 small handful of cilantro (just the tops)
1 and 1/2 packets of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing
1/2 cup pickled jalapenos- drain juice
1 lime (squeeze juice)



Here's how to make it:
Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until smooth.  



Refrigerate for about 30 minutes and serve with tortilla chips, potato chips, or use as salad dressing.  This dip can be refrigerated in a sealed container for about a week.  That is...IF it isn't eaten up by then!


The hubs taking the first bite and he said that it's a keeper!

Enjoy!
-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!