Saturday, December 13, 2014

Chokes & Cheese Dip

This is one of my very favorite dips.  I first ate it a restaurant called The Bistro in my hometown of Tulsa.  I tried for years to simulate the recipe and came fairly close.  After a little research on the internet, I found a great recipe that tastes just like it.  

Below is the link to the recipe that I found online.  It was published in The Tulsa World a few years ago.  I made it just like the recipe suggested and it turned out great.  It's a great copy-cat recipe!  The restaurant always served Chokes & Cheese with buttery pita points, so that's what I made to go along with it.  Delicious!



Chokes & Cheese Recipe from the Tulsa World

Here's what you'll need:

8 ounces of artichoke hearts (of course I had the humongous jar of artichoke hearts from Sam's Club, so just measure out 1 cup and make sure you drain them)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used a bag of pre-shredded Parmesan)
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used the real stuff)
8 ounces cream cheese
2 minced garlic cloves (I used about two teaspoons of the pre-minced garlic in a jar)

Here's what to do:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.



Place mixture in a shallow dish.  I used a 9 inch pie plate. Sprinkle a little extra Parmesan cheese on top.




Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until top is slightly browned.

Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or bread.  I served it with pita points and crackers.



Here's how to make the pita points:
Cut pita bread into triangles:  cut pitas in half, then cut the half into thirds. Melt a 1/4 stick of butter and brush onto pita points.  Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.  Bake for about 8-10 minutes in 325 degree oven.



I hope you enjoy this easy appetizer!

-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!