Saturday, September 13, 2014

Easy Breakfast Sandwich

Let's face it.  Mornings can be hectic.  I'm not a morning person, so I need a quick and easy breakfast to start my day.  I learned about this recipe when I was in home economics class in middle school.  It is so good that I've been making it ever since.  I've adapted it over the years and recently added the Canadian bacon.  I love the combination of the sweet and salty ingredients. My husband loves it and gives it a two thumbs up.  I am sure kids would love it too.  You can even make the sandwich the night before, wrap in foil or put in a baggie, and you have breakfast on the go.  It's easy and delicious.



Easy Breakfast Sandwich
2 slices raisin bread (I use raisin cinnamon swirl bread, and gluten free raisin bread for my husband).
1 slice cheddar cheese (swiss cheese would also taste great).
1 slice pineapple
1 slice Candian bacon, sandwich style
1 tablespoon butter (or you can use cooking spray).

Makes one serving.



Directions:  On top of one of the slices of raisin bread, layer a slice of Canadian bacon, a pineapple slice, and a slice of cheddar cheese.  Top with the other slice of raisin bread.  Butter the outside slices of the raisin bread. Place in a grill pan on cook on medium heat until toasty and cheese is melted.



Wrap in foil for a breakfast on the go!

I hope you enjoy this yummy and easy breakfast sandwich.  


Layers of sweet and salty ingredients make the perfect breakfast sandwich.

Look for more easy recipes at The Teacher Dish.

- Karen (aka "The Night Owl")

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!