Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Cheater Chicken Caesar Salad

I'll admit it.  I am a cheater.  I cheat whenever I can.  I wish I could say that I slow roast my chicken all day long, shave my own Parmesan cheese, and that I whisk up my own Caesar salad dressing, but I can't.  I cheat. 



This Cheater Chicken Caesar Salad is the best recipe cheat on a busy weeknight and the best part is you can have dinner ready in minutes.  My husband and I love to eat salads for dinner.  We make them entree size and add a protein of some kind to the greens.  For this salad, I use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from Sam's Club. It saves time and I can use the leftover chicken for another meal.  



Some other cheats include Ken's Caesar Salad Dressing (it's creamy and tastes great) and pre-shaved Parmesan cheese.   I also buy pre-made croutons, but omit them from my husband's salad since he eats gluten free. My husband says this reminds him of a restaurant salad.  

Cheater Chicken Caesar Salad
1 rotisserie chicken, cut slices from the chicken breast
(I used slices from 1 chicken breast)
1 bag hearts of Romaine lettuce
Caesar salad dressing, 4 tablespoons
Shaved Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup
Croutons

Toss ingredients together with salad dressing.  Make sure lettuce is well coated with dressing.  Makes two hearty entree size salads. It tastes great when served with crusty bread or a dinner roll.



Here's a great gluten-free find at the grocery store.  Udi's French Baguettes. The package contains two baguettes.  One-half of a baguette is a serving. Bake it in the oven at 400 degrees for 8 minutes and it comes out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.  Delicious!



Use the leftover rotisserie chicken for another meal. Just bag it up and save it for the next meal. I plan to make Taco Soup with the leftovers.


  

Look for my Taco Soup recipe, and other easy recipes, at The Teacher Dish.

-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!