Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Swiss Chicken & Stuffing

What's better than the taste of Thanksgiving on a weeknight?  This Swiss Chicken & Stuffing is a creamy casserole recipe that combines moist chicken, melted Swiss cheese, and delicious stuffing.  Thanksgiving stuffing is my absolute favorite.  During the holidays, I make my own, but this recipe calls for stuffing from a box.  It makes the recipe come together in a snap.  I was really pleased to find a gluten-free stuffing mix at my grocery store.  The recipe is so easy and takes less than an hour to prepare and bake.  It's perfect for a busy weeknight.



Here's what you'll need:
4 chicken breasts
4-6 slices Swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup (Health Valley Organic is gluten-free)
1 box stuffing mix (I used Glutino gluten-free stuffing)
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
4-6 pats of butter
Cooking spray
salt & pepper

Makes 8 servings.  The chicken breasts I used were large, so I cut them in two when serving. My husband, who has a big appetite, ate a whole chicken breast.  He gave it a two thumbs up, by the way.


Here's what to do:
Spray bottom of casserole dish with cooking spray.
Lay chicken breasts in casserole dish.  Sprinkle on salt and pepper.



Top chicken with Swiss cheese.



Pour cream of chicken soup over chicken.



Pour stuffing mix over chicken in an even layer.



Pour chicken stock over stuffing.



Top stuffing with pats of butter.



Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered with foil.





Bake for an additional 20 minutes, uncovered.



Hot out of the oven!



Enjoy!
-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!