Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Quick Oats Pancakes

The best thing about this recipe for Quick Oats Pancakes is that it's full of healthy ingredients and that it is so quick to make!  The other day I was watching The Food Network's "The Kitchen" and one of the hosts, Katie Lee, made them. So, I decided to give them a try at home.  I didn't have any sweet potato puree, but I used the basic recipe.  The batter turned out quite thick and didn't spread when I put it on the griddle, so they looked more like mini-pancakes, which I didn't mind at all.  They were cute!  The true test was in the taste and the verdict was...they tasted great!  I think they would taste even better with the additional sweet potato puree added in. I'll definitely try that next time because I know I'll be making these again. Delicious!


Here's what you'll need:
1 cup quick oats
1 cup cottage cheese
2 eggs
1 pinch salt
(see note at bottom!)

Makes 4 servings



Here's what to do:
Heat griddle using medium heat.  Spray with cooking spray.

Combine the oats, cottage cheese and eggs until smooth.  You can use a blender or food processor.  The batter will be thick, not runny like traditional pancake batter.




Pour about 1/4 cup of the mixture onto heated griddle.  They will be more like the size of mini-pancakes. Cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, until pancakes are golden brown.

Variations:
Add in 1/2 cup of sweet potato or pumpkin puree for a different flavor. Applesauce would taste great too!



Don't forget to add your favorite syrup!  Enjoy!
-Karen

PS.  I made these again and added 1/4 cup of skim milk.  The batter spread better!  

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!