Thursday, April 23, 2015

Roasted Baby Brussels with Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce

I've had a bag of Brussels sprout in my fridge for the past week and have been contemplating how to prepare them.  Recently, I've had great success with roasting veggies.  It's easy to do and the veggies always come out delicious.  So,that's what I decided to do with these baby Brussels tonight.  I made a double batch so I'd have some Brussels sprout left over for snacking and as a side dish for a meal tomorrow night.  Oh, and here's a little FYI, did you know you're supposed to say Brussels sprout, not Brussel sprouts??  I learn something new every day!


Here's what you'll need:
1 bag of baby Brussels  (The bag I bought from Sprouts was 1.5 pounds)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Pepper
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon minced roasted garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice


Here's what to do:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Prepare your Brussels sprout by rinsing them with water. Remove the outer leaf and cut off the hard end. Then cut the Brussels sprout in half.


Place Brussels sprout evenly on a baking sheet.  I like to line my baking sheet with parchment paper.  It makes for easy clean up!  Drizzle extra virgin olive oil.  Then sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.


Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.  While Brussels sprout are cooking, mix together mayonnaise, roasted garlic, and lemon juice to create the aioli.
.

The next time I make this, I might add some crumbled bacon when roasting.  Everything tastes better with bacon, right?

If you have leftover aioli, just refrigerate it in a sealed container.  If you would prefer to drizzle the aioli, just add a little more lemon juice to thin it out.  It would look pretty too!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!