Saturday, January 31, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Who doesn't love buffalo chicken wings?  I know I do, especially when you cool it off with a dollop of creamy blue cheese dressing and crunchy celery sticks.  And, you know I love a great dip.  So, the combination of the two is A+ in my book.

I've made this Buffalo Chicken Dip several times for parties and it's always a hit.  My nephews, who love wings and all spicy things, went crazy for it and I think they ended up polishing off the entire bowl!

The first couple of times I made it, I used frozen chicken breasts that I boiled and then shredded. This time, I decided to see if I could knock off a few steps and shave time by using a can of cooked white chicken breast. Really, I couldn't tell a difference.  So, save yourself some time and effort.

Here's what you'll need:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 can white chicken breast chunks (13 ounces), drained and shredded
2 cups shredded cheese (7 ounce bag of pre-shredded)
1/2 cup hot sauce (I like Texas Pete's)
*If you prefer spicy, use1 cup hot sauce.
1 cup blue cheese dressing
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
celery sticks
tortilla chips

Here's what to do:
Drain juice from chicken breast.



Using a fork, shred the chicken.



Combine chicken with cream cheese, shredded cheese, and hot sauce.  You can add in 1/2 cup of blue cheese crumbles if you'd like, but I prefer to serve mine on the side.  I mix the blue cheese crumbles in with blue cheese salad dressing.

Once mixed together- it will look bright orange!



Pour into baking dish.  Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.



Serve warm with tortilla chips, celery sticks, and blue cheese dressing.  Since some people are picky eaters, I put the blue cheese dressing on the side. Those who love it, can drizzle it over their dip.  I also put extra hot sauce out for those who like their mouths on fire.



It's perfect for game day!  Enjoy!



-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!