Monday, March 2, 2015

A Little Glass of Happiness

A few years ago, my husband and I were on our honeymoon in Hawaii . We stayed in a beautiful hotel right on the beach. It was beyond lovely.  The hotel offered lots of amenities and had many special touches to make our stay even more enjoyable. Every day, the hotel had a table set up in the lobby with gorgeous glass water dispensers that were filled with slices of fresh fruit, cucumbers, and maybe a sprig of mint.  Every day it was something different and delicious.  My husband and I loved getting a refreshing drink of  cold, fruit infused water after a long day on the beach.  Just perfect.


So, flash forward to now.  I had forgotten how delicious that water was until....one day I was spending some time at my friend Kristi's house while working on a project and she offered me a glass of water.  She keeps this delicious infused water in her fridge at all times. Her family loves it.  She changes it up all the time.  One day she adds sliced oranges.  Another day, she may add sliced strawberries and sliced cucumbers.  Other times, it may be a citrus blend of lemons, limes, and oranges.  It totally took me back to that time spent in Hawaii and reminded me how much I loved that little glass of happiness.


If plain water is hard for you to drink...give this a try.  They make special water infusers, but all you really need is a water pitcher and some slices of fruit, a slice or two of cucumber, or maybe a sprig of mint.


Anywho...this really isn't a recipe.  Just a tip for some of the most delicious water you'll ever drink.  Think of it as a little glass of happy.

So, I've got my fruit sliced and my water pitcher all filled up.  It is just waiting for me to pour a glass, put my feet up, close my eyes and take me back to Hawaii.  Ahhhhh.....

That is, until....the dogs go running by, the washer timer dings or my husband yells from the other room, "Honey, where's the...".  Ugh.  I'll just take another sip and close my eyes.

Aloha.

2 comments:

  1. Delicious and detoxing!! The best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Thank you for the kind words, and I'm so happy my water reminded you of your wonderful Hawaii vacation

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!