Monday, February 9, 2015

Breakfast Pizza

Ok, I'll admit, this recipe wasn't planned.  It just happened.  One Sunday morning I was scrounging around for something to make for breakfast. Ok, ok, another confession.  It wasn't really breakfast.  More like brunch.  Still, it felt like breakfast time since I had just woken up and coffee was brewing. Feeling too lazy to go out and too lazy to go to the grocery store.  I eventually wrangled up an Udi's pizza crust, a few eggs, a tomato, some shredded cheese, leftover ham, and bacon crumbles.  And, that's how it happened. Breakfast pizza was born! It actually turned out great and was easy. 



Here's what you'll need:
Pre-made pizza crust- I like Udi's Gluten Free Pizza Crust
2 eggs, scrambled
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup shredded cheese (mix of cheddar and mozzarella)
2 tablespoons bacon crumbles
1/2 cup chopped ham (about 3-4 slices)

Here's what to do:
Scramble your eggs- not all the way though- leave them soft.  They'll cook for a little while in the oven.

Assemble your ingredients on your pizza crust- scrambled eggs, ham, tomatoes, bacon crumbles, and cheese.

Bake pizza crust as directed. Udi's pizza crust suggests baking at 375 degrees for about 5 to 7 minutes.

I suppose you could put whatever breakfast-y types of things on your breakfast pizza.  I'm thinking a Pizza Eggs Benedict would be fab. Well, that will be for another Sunday!

Hope you enjoy your lazy Sundays as much as I do.
-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!